Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Thailand

I have always wanted to go to Thailand and this week I finally had the chance... there is a big Asian Junior Golf Tournament here this week and one of my clients asked me to go with them. It has been a great time. I absolutely love it here. I had my favorite food on earth tonight. I am not kidding... I used to crave eating Penang Curry in Atlanta. Now, I finally had a chance to eat it in Thailand. The beach is great and town (Hua hin) is really fun but I really like the mix of cultures and food here. In addition, this week I am traveling with twelve Chinese from Beijing. So, I am speaking mostly Chinese except for some translating, while I have no idea what people are saying in Thai. In addition, the amount of Europeans here is staggering. The food ranges from Swedish to Thai to American Ribs. It is crazy. I'm learning a lot about junior golf in Asia. We still have a long way to go in China but I think it is a unique time for China Juniors... in ten years I think we will see some really good talent coming out of China in the world golf circuits.

3 comments:

grace said...

hooray! welcome to the blogging world! glad to hear you're having a blast in huahin...have been there twice. did you try the ribs joint yet?? anyways, soak it up and enjoy every moment! :)

grace said...

oops, it's grace. :)

Patrick Q said...

不好意思 ... i'm getting new to this... just now looked at my comments...

i went to the ribs joint one night and was salivating as i looked at the menu... thought i would go back but never did :( 下次吧