Monday, April 9, 2007

Thailand... hope i see you again soon

Well, I'm back in Beijing. Back to the grind. Chinese class and teaching golf:) The trip was great. However, it really wasn't a vacation. I look forward to going back sometime and being able to take it easy for about a week. Living in Atlanta, I always loved Thai food and when I went to Thailand I fell in love with the country. It is a great place. I think for future vacations, a trip to the beach or mountains are a good idea. I've been many places in the past few years but hardly have I taken a good break from everything. I think Thailand was a place I could finally relax. Here is a sunrise I enjoyed one morning...

While in Bangkok, I went to the largest outdoor market I have ever been to. It was amazing. They stuff they had there was incredible. And the food was amazing too.

Lastly, in Thailand, the greeting is interesting. I always felt very honored in their presence. Here is a picture of Ronald McDonald outside a McDonald's with him greeting you in Thai.

2 comments:

Arnold said...

I like the subtitle on your blog about navigating the waters between east and west. Clever.

And if you get rich between now and October, you can meet me in Rome.

Patrick Q said...

thanks arnold...

if i hit the jackpot, i will let you know... rome isn't on my top ten on my blogsite but i may be able to make an exception