Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Golf in the drpk


Would you believe there is golf in North Korea? I didn’t until two years ago when I read an article about a golf club in Pyongyang. After reading that article, golf in the drpk has always intrigued me. Well I had a chance today to teach thirteen North Korean University English professors how to play. They were in Beijing for some training and each time they come they want to do some kind of activity. This time, they wanted to play golf. A friend called me and I set it up. It was so much fun! They were very nice and hospitable. Also, very curious about what type of Chinese play golf. After this experience, I was just sitting and thinking… I was one of the very few Americans today hanging out and having fun with people from North Korea. I am thankful for the game of golf and how it allows me to connect and meet people from all nations and backgrounds.

No comments: