Tuesday, April 3, 2007

China Architecture


Many of my friends know I love architecture. If I wasn’t working in the golf business, I would love to be working for a landscape or building architecture firm. My favorite form of architecture is modern with a mix of Asian design. I guess this is an influence from living here. Anyway, architecture is changing rapidly like anything here in China. I will try to write more as I have time. I was at the Capital Museum with a friend recently and just snapped this picture. At the time, I didn’t think much about it until I downloaded it and realized it was pretty interesting. I am standing in a very ultra modern Chinese building looking through the glass through apartments that are very typical of the 1970 – 1980 time era here further looking back a small Chinese temple of some sort. To me, this represents three different generations of Chinese architecture and living. The furthest away, the ancient China, the middle being the era of Mao, and the current reform and opening up era of modern buildings and capitalism.

No comments: