Saturday, June 9, 2007

Qingdao

I was in Qingdao seeing some friends and going to another China Tour event. Qingdao is a great city... on the ocean and very clean. We had a great week meeting people and helping the players but the best part of the week was seeing two friends. One afternoon, a good friend and I took his mountain bikes and rode the entire boardwalk in Qingdao. It was beautiful, except for the fog. That day we really must have seen at least 300 couples getting their pictures taken for their wedding. Here in China, people typically get their pictures taken before the wedding. I asked a local why so many people today? He replied: 好日子, which basically means a good day on the Lunar Calender. This is also the year of the Pig... so everyone and their dog who wanted to get married was out that day... it was pretty interesting. Wish I would have taken some mor pic's... some of the outfits and pictures were pretty funny. If you ever get a chance to go to Qingdao... don't pass it up... fun place!



2 comments:

Arnold said...

I got excited when I saw the first picture, . . . but alas, it wasn't you.

Patrick Q said...

yeah, far from it at this point... how about you?

hope all is well in ATL. I'm in Singapore as I write.