Saturday, June 9, 2007

Cultures

One of the main reasons why I love living overseas... meeting people from different cultures. I don't know what it is but I am so intrigued by hang out with people from other countries. Especially countries that most people don't go to or know much about. That's why one of the highlights of this year was and still is teaching twelve North Korean professors golf one afternoon.

Last night, I had a fun time hanging out with some friends. As I looked around, the thing I loved about this group was: There were two Mongolian guys I sat next two who spoke amazing English, a Japanese girl, an Italian, South African, Aussy from Cambodia/Vietnam, and a Chinese. Why couldn't we have just threw in an Egyptian and Argentine for fun? Anyway, for those who know me, you probably know this... but I thought many may not know what intrigues me about living overseas... other cultures are great and we have a lot to learn from others.

No comments: