Friday, May 4, 2007

May Holiday Adventure

It's May Holiday this week... so that means a week off for most people. For me, I'll try to get some time off soon. But, I did find two days to go up into the mountains and go camping. We found an amazing place north of Beijing. Our initial plan was to hike up to a portion on the Great Wall that has not been restored. Well, we didn't find it, but we found the most amazing view I have seen in a LONG time. We climbed 700 meters in elevation up a mountain... and I mean a mountain... on the way, I hit a ball off one of the cliffs... it's been my goal to hit a ball of the Great Wall... not this trip... next time. If you could see my legs... you would see what great lengths we made to get to the top (not talking about muscles... scrapes). Not to mention, my hiking shoe fell apart... if my roommate adds the youtube video... I'll upload it to my blog. It was by far the hardest hike I have ever been on. But the view was incredible. Eventhough, we didn't find the Great Wall... it was an amazing trip. For those John Hessler fans... he lives up there when he is writing his books. My friends and I are planning to go up more often. Anyone want to join?

Check out my roommates pictures... click here


4 comments:

Arnold said...

You're having too much fun.

justin50320 said...

Just wanted to know if you hooked or sliced your shot?

justin50320 said...

Also, I noticed that Iowa - USA wasn't on your list of favorite places to travel?... it must have been #11 right?

Patrick Q said...

jd, thanks for the comments... actually chunked it... would love to tee it up together.

iowa is always in my heart. it was great to be back over Christmas... brought back great memories