Friday, April 4, 2008

The Last Push

As you all know, I have said I live really close to the Olympic Village area. The amount of work going on recently is absolutely amazing. Everyday I just shake my head. Beijing has earmarked a lot of land for the Olympics. Here is a photo of the Olympic Green area. Some people say it is twice the size of Central Park in New York City.


As I ride by on the bus to work... I ride from the upper left hand corner and go to the upper right hand corner. I'll try to catch more action by photo or video and blog it. It is amazing how they are planting trees, bushes, grass, resurfacing all streets and sidewalks, adding subways stations, painting old buildings, knocking down those that look really bad.... and it goes on and on. It is a site to see... especially being an American living over here. There are roads that would take three years to build in the US and they are going to be ready by the Olympic time. It's amazing! Wish you could be here to see it.

No comments: